Saturday, July 13, 2013

Singapore Changi Airport ~ maintains its spot as World's Best Airport (Part 1)

Changi International Airport 
Singapore

That's me before my  Dubai flight via Singapore Airlines.

That's Balong on our way back to the Phillipines.
I arrived in Singapore a night before and was picked up in Changi Airport by Llowel and Lemwuel. Supposed to be, there is direct flight from Manila to Dubai via Singapore Airlines but am not a big fan of direct flights really because I prefer to go out of the airport wherever country I stopover with. I love traveling but it is always coupled with stress and lots and lots of headache if you have no itinerary what to do actually. However, if you plan it ahead of time, there may be some minute occurrences along the way but the best thing is: it’s an experience to learn about. 

There is no need for them to use any light fixtures as they got it for free directly from the sun.
There are lots of crawling plants everywhere, the signature garden trademark of Singapore.
I wanted to layover in Changi Airport mainly because of curiosity. Balong and I been here the last time but because of time constraints on our way back to the Philippines; we didn’t explore much what this airport have. That’s why on my return flight to Dubai, I decided to stay for a night plus half day, in order to visit the vicinity and to have one last look to the beauty of Changi Airport. Who would not want to explore each attractions that lies within the World’s Number 1 Airport, ayt? (hehehe!) It’s for me to experience that and I am very much excited to see it personally. Hmmmmmmm I heard lots of great reviews about Changi Airport, so here I come (hehehe!).
The Terminal 3 Immigration Hall.
No worries with regards to your flight details as plenty of monitors can be seen in most areas.

Changi  Airport is one of the best airport not just in Asia but the whole world. It’s also one of the busiest as almost 50MM passengers were handled by the airport in 2011 alone!!!!! (sayyyy whattttttttt???? ~ ahahaha!). The airport has lots of things to indulge, it’s like a huge interlink shopping mall with lots of convenience to it for FREE!!!!!!!!!! How I wish even half of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) in the Philippines could be like this you know (ahahaha!)?  Ooppssss please don’t get me wrong, I love my country, it’s just that the main international airport in Pasay/Paranaque needs to have a thorough overhaul and an enormous step forward to turn it to be one of the best!!! (sigh!!!!). I don’t know when would that happen but for now, my fellow dear Filipino’s, let’s keep on dreaming (ahahaha!).

One of the many potted orchids plants greeted us on our way in to the get our baggage.

Just when I disembark from the plane, wide varieties of orchids greeted us right away. Sigh!!! I remember home when I see orchids because my Mom loves collecting it (homesick mode ~ ahahaha!). It’s like everywhere you turn, it is filled with such splendor for everybody to enjoy: in the hallway, in the waiting area, in stores, in restaurants, and even in rest rooms (cool!!! ~ ahahaha!). 
Look how lovely the plant is... whew!!!!! Feel's like home though (hehehehe!)
Orchids usually grows abundantly in tropical countries and Singapore has lots of that to offer. Philippines has thousands of breeds too but that is a different story which I will feature soon (ahahaha!). Having a distinct and stunning exquisiteness surrounding the receiving area makes Changi Airport an inimitable place to stopover, really B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!!! (lav it ~ hehehe!).

There are lots of plants everywhere. It's a botanical garden first, airport next (hehehe!)
One of the most amazing aspects of Terminal 3 is the green wall, a five-story-high vertical garden running across the main building. As per the airport’s brochure, it is possibly the largest interior vertical landscape in the world at 45ft high (14 m) and nearly 1,000 ft (300 m) long, it is intertwined with four cascading waterfalls. A 1,000 foot-long (300 m) sculptured sandstone art wall display is located below the living greenery.

One of the free internet stations near Terminal 3.
Being in the airport, feels like you’re in a five star hotel with lots of amenities serve to you with a huge SMILE. It’s easy to navigate the environ and every corner has a designated information desk to ask some queries with regards to flight details and what to expect here. It’s complimentary services offered to its transit guest are over-the-top and feels like you’re one VIP guest for them to be pampered with. No wonder why it’s called World’s BEST because most of the things you need to splurge is just within your reach! Mostly are free but there are some areas that few amount of cash is required. I don’t know if I’ll be able to explain everything that the airport have but the least I can do is share the best experience we have in Changi Airport.
Yup, i brought my laptop with me but i prefer to use their free service though (hehehehe!)
Thanks BFF Lemwuel and Llowel for the company during our stay in Singapore....

One feature that fills our stay useful is the presence of Internet Stations. If you forgot to bring your tab, ipad, or laptop then that is the least of your worries as every corner you’ll find sets of computers to use it for FREE. We have few more hours to spend and for me to update my friends and families where I am then a shout out in my FB is a must (unfortunately I deactivated it recently and will be back soon ~ ahahaha!)! It’s the same convenience as in Dubai International Airport; however in here, they have more than hundred of units to utilize and most of the stations is again bordered with blooming arrangement of orchids.

Forget your charger? no worries, there are stations that allows you to charge your phone for free.
Forgot your charger by any chance? Hmmmmmm no worries again as there is specific areas where in you can charge your iphone for FREE!!! I don’t know for other unit brands but it seems that it’s a multi cable chargers as I’ve seen few adaptors in there. You can even leave it for a few minutes while charging because there is a specific slots with key so that you can lock it yourself. Just don’t forget it though (ahahaha!).

Painting Corner for kids

If you have kids with then again set aside your worries, it’s a kid friendly environment as there are lots of playground devoted for toddlers. Children’s Play Area is situated in all Terminals where kids can have some time for themselves while you’re on the lookout (ahahaha!). If you have a baby tag along, there are lots of Baby Care Room in most terminals too. They built such nursery room, thus, you can change diapers and there is a hot water dispenser for your convenience. They have available Baby Stroller you can use for loan as well if you need to.
List of free movies to splurge in.

You can check the latest blockbuster hits here for FREE!!!!

There are lots of areas for adults to enjoy as well. If you love movies then you don’t need to buy a ticket to get in because they usually have blockbuster movies in Movie Theater Area which is again ABSOLUTELY FREE!!! You can relax while watching the movie and you can buy popcorn on the side. How cool is that huh? (hehehe!) I did try their movie seats and feels like you’re in an exclusive movie theater with chic designer chairs (ahahaha!).

The gaming room. Earlier it was filled with gamers (ammmppp!)
Aside from movies, you can also play in their integrated multimedia entertainment center complete with facilities like Xbox 360 and play stations. I am not a fun of it really but we wanted to engage supposed to be; however, when we passed along the area, whew!!!! most of the units they have is already filled with gamers that’s why we shifted to another place.

Foot and Calves Massager unit. Fill free to use it. 
That's my legs ... Feelssss gooooooddd!!! (hehehehe)

Changi Airport is huge so even there are lots of travellators to use but still expects plenty of walking. When I say plenty, around a kilometer or more maybe (ahahaha!). But hey, they have club car to hop-on and please don’t worry again as there are station where in you can use their ‘Foot and Calf Massager’ units. I used it several times as I love the relaxing mode (ahahaha!). You can find it in most waiting areas or at the end of travellators. What you have to do is sit properly and just put your feet and calves into one of the most advanced piece of furniture and a robotic massage technology will do the magic. It quickly turns into a comfortable footrest and ease your sore calves immediately. It’s a wonder because it uses the same massage technique as a professional masseur and you know what I enjoyed most…. the underfoot reflexology nodes though (ahahaha!).
Wood blocks section.

To fill our time, i dragged Balong to do one art piece to bring home. (hehehe!)
That's me, hmmmmmm trying to use my creativity (ahahaha!).
There is an art interactive zones where you can let your kids display their creativity too. Drawing materials are in place from recycled drawing paper, pens, crayons, and pencils. I even drag Balong as I convinced him to use the wood block. He is a good abstract sketcher as he always sent me one but in here, you don’t have to draw instead just rub the crayons to the paper atop the woodblock and voila you have your own abstract art piece (hehehe!).  Most of the tracing wood block they have represents most of the attractions in Singapore and the whole creativity depends on how you use your imagination. By the way, you can bring it back home you know, as memento (hehehe!).
Brent and Fluppy, feeling exhausted already babies??? (hehehe!)


Please follow the link below for the part 2 of this post:





No comments:

Post a Comment